Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Another Easy Recipe

So, I admit it: that first recipe was rather lame! I'm just figuring out how this whole blog thing works! So please bear with me and check back frequently: they will get better! I was just making some adaptions on an "old favorite" of mine that will need some changes to be gluten free. Of course, I need to try it before I can post that one!


For today, here's one I've tried a number of times, and every time: someone asked me for the recipe. It's so simple, it's hard to believe it could be that memorable, but it is!

Frozen Key Lime Pie

1 bag Mi-Del Gluten Free Gingersnap cookies
1/4 cup melted butter
3 Tbsp. white sugar
1 carton Kemp's Frozen Key Lime Pie Yogurt

Crush the cookies to a crumb like substance. Add the melted butter and sugar. Press into a 9 inch pie plate to form a crust.

Allow the frozen yogurt to thaw slightly, so that it scoops and spreads more easily. Scoop it out and spread it into the cookie shell. If you wet your spoon with warm water, it will ease the filling process. Use the entire carton to form a pie.

Return the pie to the freezer and allow to refreeze. Two hours or more.

Cut and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment